it finally dawned on us. we're kinda dirty hippies. i wish i took a picture of our house at its crunchiest, but i didn't so i'll just have to describe it room by room, beginning in the back and moving forward.
on the floor is a pile of camping stuff in need of washing. in the washer are about six lunapads and liners that were previously soaking in a pot of water and tea tree oil.
guestroom: full of an odd assortment of camping equipment from casey's latest trip to new mexico, including a giant backpack. click here to see his photos. a tent is set up on the bed. i made some mods to it so it doesn't blow around so much the next time casey camps in 40 mph winds, and the silicone seam sealant is drying.
kitchen: on the table are...
- tent pegs
- dirt from new mexico from tent pegs
- sewing machine, still set up from making mods to the tent so i can make another few slings
- various and sundry energy food bars, gels, and trailmixes
- blender, surrounded by oatmeal and rice dust from homemade super baby food porridge
- yogurt, juice, and soymilk bottles, rinsed out and awaiting the recycling bin
- still more bags of granola and soymilk powder
- homemade all-surface spray, made with water and a few drops each of tea tree oil and dish soap
living room: the catbed in the window has a big, chunky hairball in it, which is more like a hairpoo [not really spherical]. on the sidetable are issues of bitch, bust, backpacker, and dwell. there's also a recycled watch tin that holds scratch paper, which is really recycled office paper. all lamps contained compact fluorescent bulbs.
front porch: cf bulb in porchlight, illuminating planter filled with last summer's dead gerbera daisies.
casey: not likely showered since it's the weekend.
otto: barefoot, covered in cat- and momma-hair
me: showered but the seven hairs left on my head are stringy with grease anyway. stubbly stinky pits because my natural deodorant seems to have given me an itchy rash.
i guess it's time for some grooming focus... or an appearance on an episode of wifeswap.