here's a great meme from jamie to save the day for those of us who, gosh, really want to post but [insert excuse here]. here goes!
1. what kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? j/a/s/o/n tea tree. it's a little harsh for this time of year. we usually have method olive leaf.
2. do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? not anymore. i just stopped buying slices.
3. what would you change about your living room? i would make it wider so we have more options to place furniture. i'd also spring for the can lights since it tends to be pretty dark in there. i also wish we had a clock in there. casey and i are always asking each other what time it is. or, i wish someone would install the pucklights that i bought a long time ago into the built-ins. that'd sure be nice.
4. are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? dirty.
5. what is in your fridge? a lot of yummy food. point?
6. white or wheat bread? wheat.
7. what is on top of your refrigerator? a small television, otto's halloween candy, and a bottle of bacardi.
8. what color or design is on your shower curtain? we have glass doors on our upstairs shower and our downstairs shower is clear with a blue tint and has a bubble pattern.
9. how many plants are in your home? eight.
10. is your bed made right now? yes.
11. comet or soft scrub? neither -- bon ami. it doesn't contain chlorine bleach.
12. is your closet organized? mostly: all shirts are arranged by color, and pants are sort of together, at least on my rod.
13. can you describe your flashlight? i have a firefly: it's a lid for a nalgene that is embedded with a small light. when you turn the light on by pressing the small button on the top of the lid, it makes your bottle a lantern. i love it!
14. do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? glass.
15. do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? no.
16. if you have garage, is it cluttered? no, i don't think so.
17. curtains or blinds? blinds.
18. how many pillows do you sleep with? one.
19. do you sleep with any lights on at night? no, none.
20. how often do you vacuum? maybe once a week on mondays. otherwise, ana does most of the vacuuming.
21. standard toothbrush or electric? standard.
22. what color is your toothbrush? a putrescent pearl and seafoam.
23. do you have welcome mat on your front porch? no.
24. what is in your oven right now? nothing.
25. is there anything under your bed? no; storing things under your bed is bad feng shui.
26. chore you hate the most? vacuuming the effing stairs. never again, mark my words, will i have carpeting on a staircase!
27. what retro items are in your home? some old vintage lamps, old guitars, old drums, old amps. hell, this is an old-ass house! it is, itself, retro.
28. do you have separate room you use an an office? sort of; my landing on the second floor is not enclosed but it's my office.
29. how many mirrors are in your home? 5
30. do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? why are you asking?
31. what color are your walls? in my office, they are dove grey.
32. what does your home smell like right now? a delightful melange of murphy's oil soap, homemade tea tree surface spray, coffee, and cat. mmmm...
33. favorite candle scent? i like fig, honeysuckle, and most herbal fragrances. nothing foody -- it clashes with the base notes of the litterbox.
34. what kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? cack! none!
35. ever been on your roof? no.
36. do you own a stereo? yes, at least two.
37. how many tv’s do you have? i think we have five. jeez, a lot of inventory questions... are you planning a robbery or what?
38. how many phones? four.
39. do you have a housekeeper? yes, nanny/housekeeper.
40. what style do you decorate in? depends what area of the house you are in. upstairs, we endeavor to decorate in a minimalist modern style. downstairs is more mid-century modern mixed with splashes of fisher-price and a few elements of sports authority... oh, and don't forget those artful touches of cat vomit.
41. do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? i prefer solids.
42. is there a smoke detector in your home? you betcha.