1. Any regrets?
i regret letting my yard go to complete shite this fall. yesterday, while i was using an electric clipper to mow down some majorly dead pompous grass...
::::screen goes all wavy for dream sequence::::
there's me, listening to maxwell's cover of kate bush's "this woman's work" on my ipod, large unwieldy electrical appliance in my hands, strawlike strands of dead grass flying.
maxwell: "i know you got a little life in you yet,..."
electric saw: brrrrrrrroooooaaaarrripzzzzz-chuk!
maxwell: "i know you got a lotta strength left..."
::::screen goes all wavy again::::
don't forget we're blessed with an extra-wide lot. wheee!
2. What happened that day?
as the autumn dwindled down, our second floor was being renovated and so the house became a veritable polish pirate ship. these men came and went and did what they want and we just floated along lamely. casey & i, feeling like stowaways, got wind of the yard nazi who, for like $30, will come and whack the crap out of your yard for you.
we scheduled him, and due to one of three factors, i never answered the door:
- i have some hearing loss,
- our doorbell is a tempermental piece of crap,
- there was much loud banging and much yelling of "tak! tak! pragda!"
3. If not you, then who?
4. Mary Louise Parker or Mary Stuart Masterson or Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio? And why.
all three are the reason i believe i trying to give your kid a unique name can be a good idea. at one time, when you had a standard, plain name in the entertainment industry, the adding of the middle name made you stand out, but now, there are so many three-namers out there, they've all fused themselves into a huge globular miasma. can't tell them all apart anymore.
i see the trend going the other way. evidence? michael j. fox is now mike fox.
5. If you could change Casey's name, what would you change it to?
don't think i would -- he's just such a casey.
according to lisa birnbach's the preppy handbook, the name "bunny" i've had for him for years seems apt. under the list of the top 12 most popular nicknames for boys, she writes:
6. bunny: surprising but true. high society. nonathletic, but cool. comes from any name.
The Official Interview Game Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.